The Power of Podcasting
New Zealand is a nation of podcasters and there has been rapid growth in the popularity of podcasts over the last few years. Smart businesses are using podcasts now more than ever to engage with their customers, their staff and their stakeholders.
Podcasts can be an effective tool for growing your customer base, positioning yourself as a leader in your field, and leveraging the influence of credible guests. But it’s not as simple as just recording the audio and sharing it online. To be truly successful as a podcaster, your content must be high quality, audience-relevant and topical. You also need to interview notable guests that can help promote your podcast through their own channels.
HMC's experienced team provides podcasting advice to help you deliver a polished and professional podcast from start to finish.
The rise of podcasting - read the stats
- In June 2019, a survey by RNZ found 31% of Kiwis consumed podcast content at least once a week
- Between July 2019-June 2019 there was a staggering 107% increase in podcast listeners
- In April 2020 Acas, one of the world's largest hosting and analytics companies, reported that more people were turning to podcasts during the pandemic with listeners increasing 7% globally
USA trends foreshadow what's headed our way:
- 37% of the US population now listens to a podcast at least once a month
- The average US podcast listener tunes into 7 podcasts per week
- 80% of the listeners listen to an entire podcast episode or most of the episode
- 69% agreed that podcast ads made them aware of new products or services
- 14% lift in purchase intent for brands who advertise in Business podcasts
As at May 2020 Read full statistics here