HMC is growing our team and we are on the hunt for a new senior account manager to be based in our Hamilton office! We are flexible with a starting date anytime from 1 February 2022, but the earlier the better.
As a two-time winner of the PRINZ PR Agency of the Year, we want a proven performer to join our small team. If you like variety, you'll love working with us. This role requires you to juggle issues management one minute and social media strategy the next. You'll get to stretch all your 'PR muscles,' while managing a team of contractors to help you along the way.
We want someone who shares our values and is committed to continual learning, has a partnership approach to working with clients, is filled with integrity, results focused and has an enjoyable approach to work and life.
Here's a bit more information about the position:
At HMC, we pride ourselves in our ability to foster long-term and meaningful relationships with our many clients. We deal predominantly with corporate and mid-level SMEs in Waikato and throughout New Zealand. Most of our work is B2B and many of our clients have been with us for more than five years.
In this role, you lead the development and implementation of communications strategy for a range of clients and will have responsibility for managing several key accounts. You will be able to confidently deliver high level strategic advice to clients in the areas of ethics, marketing communication, internal communications, community relations, crisis management and corporate communication.
You will have a natural flair for communication and relationship management through your successful career in the PR industry. You are a strategic thinker and quick on your feet. You have led successful projects from beginning to end and have good media relationships.
You understand how an agency works and are prepared to work proactively with the team to bring in new business and pitch new ideas to current clients.
This is a fast-paced role and requires experience with communications strategy development, social media, marketing communications, issues management and media relations.
The ideal person for this role:
- Has 7+ years’ experience in a communications role
- Understands issues management and feels confident advising senior leaders
- Writes captivating and eye-catching stories for use in various forms (media releases, social media, direct communications)
- Has a good understanding of how to use Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, although there is no expectation to know the intricacies of digital marketing
- Has a high degree of attention to detail, makes few mistakes and learns quickly from them
- Has good media contacts and media liaison experience
- Understands what it takes to develop a comprehensive communications strategy
- Deadline focused
- Understands how to manage projects and work to achieve job profitability in an agency (external or in-house) environment
- APR preferred
- NZ rural industry experience (dairy would be a bonus!), preferred
HMC works with clients in vaccination-mandated industries such as education and health, so this candidate will need to be able to prove they meet these clients' Covid-19 vaccination policies as part of the job application process.
Apply today - applications close 31 January 2022
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com